June 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

June 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Time:              7:30 – 8:30 PM Location:        Leslie Press Residence – 14504 Rich Branch Drive   Attendees:

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Krishnan Allampallam

A

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

P

Kathy Pfaender

A

Don Funkhouser

P

Steve Kwon

P

Vickey Lutwak

P

John McLean

P

Leslie Press

P

Rhoda Shulman

A

Steven Slater

A

Alex Veizis

A

Agenda:

  • Review and approve minutes from previous meeting
  • Treasurer report
  • Content for Newsletter
  • George Jocher’s sign
  • Potential updates By Laws
  • Trees and Maintenance Issues
  • Ice Cream Social
  • Committee Reports
  • New Business

Meeting Minutes:

  • Review and approve minutes from previous meeting
    • Reviewed the May Meeting Minutes
    • Steve K. agreed to finalize May Meeting Minutes and send the file to John and Leslie for approval
    • Leslie agreed to send final meeting minutes to Alex for posting to the FGHOA website
    • Treasurer report
      • Reviewed and discussed the9  residents who are in arrears with HOA dues, Alex has sent late notifications to these residents
      • Boards next steps to address the arrears issue:
        • John, Doug, and Leslie will walk around the neighborhood and talk to the residents who are late with payment in order to collect HOA dues
        • If the resident is not home, notice will be left at the house to ask for HOA dues
        • If no payments received by the date requested in the notification, the HOA Board will follow through with lien proceedings for all remaining residents
        • Content for Newsletter
          • All members of the board will send John and Leslie article topics by June 19, 2013
          • All proposed articles should be completed by July 4th weekend
          • George Jocher’s sign
            • George Jocher’s Sign has been stolen
            • The previous board agreed to pay half for the original sign, but no payments have been made to Carmen
            • Recommendation:  Reimburse Carmen amount owed; Leslie to discuss with Carmen
            • Potential updates By Laws
              • Topic to update By Laws was tabled for the Next Meeting
              • Action:  Doug will compile a list of proposed Covenant changes for discussion in the next meeting
              • Action:  Steve K. to take another look at the By Laws and review the process to make changes
              • Trees and Maintenance Issues
                • Recently, county was in the neighborhood trimming certain trees
                • Condition of neighborhood’s cement walkways reported to group; Rich Branch Townhouse sidewalks are in relatively good condition; one tree may need to be cut
                • Pebble Hill sidewalks seem to be in poor condition
                  • Recommendation:  Propose having the sidewalks redone and have some contractors make estimates
                  • Action: Don to identify concrete contractors who can repair the sidewalks and curbs
  • Proposal was made to have the Pebble Hill landscaping updated
    • Recommendation:  After receiving cement repair bid, look into receiving landscaper bids
    • Action:  Doug to ask Allentuck for a quote to have Pebble Hill landscaped
  • Proposal was made to limit the number of townhouses that can be rented
    • Recommendation:  To add this topic into the Covenant update
  • Recommendation was made to review the funds available for Maintenance
  • Flints Grove light for the sign may not be working correctly; another inspection will be made to better determine the sign’s condition
  • Proposal was made to have the fences in the community updated (issue unresolved from last administration)
    • Some sections may need cleaning and painting
    • Question was raised owns the fence and if the HOA should fix the fences
    • Recommendation:  Doug make an inventory all the fences and report at the next meeting; after inventory the board will review the fence condition and determine if maintenance is required
    • Ice Cream Social
      • Recommendation:  Hold ice cream social the first weekend after school starts (in Sept), Labor Day weekend, or weekend after Labor Day
      • Committee Reports
        • Trees:
          • No changes or word from the county with the trees
          • No new business discussed
          • Board reviewed potential agenda topics for the next meeting
          • Meeting adjourned

Agenda for Next Meeting:   Date:               July 17, 2013 Time:              7:30-8:30 PM Location:        14322 Rich Branch Drive (Kwon Residence)

  • Old Business
  • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
  • Fences
  • Raccoons and Snake Issues
Restoration Files:

 

About the Author