August 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

August 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Time:              7:30 – 8:30 PM

Location:        14508 Pebble Hill (McLean Residence)

 

Attendees:

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Krishnan Allampallam

P

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

A

Kathy Pfaender

P

Don Funkhouser

A

Steve Kwon

P

Vickey Lutwak

P

John McLean

P

Leslie Press

P

Rhoda Shulman

A

Steven Slater

A

Alex Veizis

P

 

Agenda:

 

  • Review and approve minutes from July meeting
  • Delinquent HOA dues
  • Content for newsletter
  • Proposed list of Covenant changes
  • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
  • Stream restoration
  • Playground
  • HOA Computer
  • Ice Cream Social
  • Old/New website and modifications
  • Committee reports
  • Remaining old business
  • New business

 

Meeting Minutes:

 

  • Review and approve minutes from July meeting
    • July minutes approved
    • Action:  Steve to upload the document to the HOA website
    • Delinquent HOA dues
      • Doug and Leslie were able to collect two more dues since the last meeting
      • Approximately four delinquent dues remain.  Lien action for the remaining members will begin.
      • Alex to solicit fees for attorneys for good rates for lien proceedings.
      • Newsletter
        • Leslie forwarded all the articles to Alex to be incorporated into the upcoming newsletter
        • Still need a date for the ice cream social; announcement for the ice cream social will be included in the newsletter
        • Estimated time to publish:  approximately two weeks from today’s meeting
        • Proposed list of Covenant changes
          • The board recommends to consult an attorney to review proposed changes to the covenant and make sure the changes meet legal requirements
          • Doug to compile a list of changes and e-mail the board for review; the board will make comments via e-mail
          • Steve will consolidate the list of changes and bring the changes to the next meeting
          • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
            • Vickey received a solicitation from one contractor; she is looking to get more bids
            • Contractor identified potential trip factors in the concrete near Pebble Hill, the request was made to include the repair as a separate line item on the bid.
            • Stream restoration
              • Members of the board met with the County a couple of weeks ago who presented the restoration project to the group; the construction of the stream will take over a year to complete
              • Leslie requested the County to provide examples of past projects so the Board can see past improvement projects
              • County will continue to plan the stream restoration development; there will be a public meeting with the County sometime in the future
              • Playground
                • Vote was made to keep the current playground (8 in favor, 2 not in favor)
                • The plan for the playground:  keep current playground equipment; add mulch and install playground sign; add playground upgrade as a line item to the budget
                • The decision will be recorded in the upcoming newsletter
                • HOA Computer
                  • Proposal:  purchase a dedicated HOA computer that will maintain all HOA software and data
                  • Benefit of the computer:  Accounting software can be install onto the HOA computer can be transferred to future treasurer; the HOA computer can be easily transferred to future HOA treasurer
                  • Alternative:  keep all files on the a cloud or shared drive; maintain software licenses
                  • Decision:  to purchase an HOA computer dedicated for HOA purposes with files to be backed-up on the cloud – not to exceed $500
                  • Old/new website and modifications
                    • Old website is still showing up on Google as a web result; this is causing confusion as to which is the proper HOA website
                    • Recommendation:  need to take the old site down because the old site is confusing.
                    • Action:  Alex to contact Patrick McGinnis to take down the old website
                    • Should add to the website:  For realtors section that would include all the information needed for realtors
                      • Create a PDF package
                      • Create a form
                      • Form for the new home buyer to contact the Board with their contact information
  • The document that says what the dues are for the HOA is out of date—this needs to be updated
  • When added documents to the website, add “last uploaded/edited on” date should be included
  • Alex will work on the these website changes
  • Recommendation:  line item for each meeting agenda to talk about who’s new in the neighborhood
  • Committee reports
    • Architectural committee
      • Katy:  One request for a new garage door (Kelly’s Rich Branch Ct) – Kathy passed photo examples of the requested garage styles
      • Board:  unanimous – each option shown is acceptable
  • Budget
    • Account balance:  a little over $150,000
    • Checking:  a little over $26,000
    • A little over $176,000 total
    • Spent $18,000 so far this year
    • Upcoming budget expenses:
      • Landscaping (usual)
      • Potential sidewalk repair
      • Note:  no repair on the playground and no mosquitos we made
      • Request for next meeting:
        • Rolling budget
        • Line item spent
        • Recommendation:  to add set aside money for the next playground into the budget
  • There should be a certified independent auditor to review the budget – recommendation to have the audit occur at the same time we file our tax return.
  • Remaining old business
    • No remaining old business
    • Ice Cream Social
      • Proposed dates:  Late September recommendation for a Sunday29 (with rain date the following Sunday)
      • Recommendation:  The playground must be ready for the ice cream social
      • New business
        • Resident complaint: end of Antigone there is a bench in terrible condition.  The bench is rotting and residents believe the bench is unsafe.  The bench is in the circle of the neighborhood.
        • Resident request:  to either get rid of the bench or repair or replace
        • Board recommendation:
          • Remove the bench
          • Let the home owner know that the bench will be removed
  • Board will consider a neighborhood wide bench policy
  • Alex and Doug will remove the bench
  • Steve to look up the cost of 250 magnets that would have the HOA website on the magnet to be distributed to the community

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               September 18 (Wednesday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        11433 Flints Grove Lane (Alex’s House)

 

About the Author