October 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

October 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               October 9 (Wednesday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        11433 Flints Grove Lane (Alex’s House)

Attendees:

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Krishnan Allampallam

A

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

P

Kathy Pfaender

P

Don Funkhouser

P

Steve Kwon

P

Vickey Lutwak

P

John McLean

P

Leslie Press

P

Steven Slater

A

Alex Veizis

P

 

Agenda:

 

  • Review and approve minutes from the September meeting
  • Delinquent HOA dues – updates
  • Proposed list of Covenant changes
  • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
  • Playground and Ice Cream Social out-brief
  • Halloween parade
  • Directory update
  • Committee reports
  • Remaining old business
  • New business

 

Meeting Minutes:

  • Review and approve minutes from the September meeting
    • September minutes approved by the Board
    • Delinquent HOA dues – updates
      • Alex spoke with the attorney for the latest lien proceeding updates.  The attorney recommended that the Board verify that the late fees are correct.  Alex is verifying all late fees are correct and in accordance with HOA documents.
      • Next steps: the lawyer will send notices for liens to the 3 delinquent homes (notices to be sent next week)
      • Proposed list of Covenant changes
        • Doug spoke with the attorney to discuss in more detail the process to change the HOA documents
        • According to the attorney, 3-4 amendment changes would be approximately $3,000 (depending on how much effort and back-and-forth communication is required)
        • Proposed changes include (at the moment)
          • Reduce the restrictions on storage sheds
          • Include fee/fine schedule to enforce covenant violations
          • Add direct language that includes reimbursement for attorney fees related to actions taken against covenant violators
          • Current: 51% of the community need to agree to change the HOA documents
  • The Board stressed that the purpose for these changes are to keep the community in conformity and maintain the neighborhood beauty
  • Next step recommendations:
    • Send an e-mail to the community to measure the community interest to change HOA documents
    • Perhaps research other communities as to how they handle fines/fee and other HOA document language
    • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
      • Vickey: has received 7 contractors responses
        • 6 responses proposed to replace the current cement on the sidewalks
        • 1 response proposed to resurface the current cement on the sidewalks.  This contractor said it can be resurfaced with chemically treated cement
  • Recommendation:  The resurfacing option seems like a cheaper and more optimal solution; recommend to see if there is another contractor who would also resurface the cement
  • Playground and Ice Cream Social out-brief
    • Very successful ice cream social; good neighborhood turn out; and the playground looks great
    • A lot of positive feedback from the community members who attended
    • Recommendation:  perhaps plan a coffee and donuts neighborhood social in the spring time
    • Halloween parade
      • Recommendation: Have the parade early in the day
      • About 20-30 kids came last year
      • Route:  Walked down Antigone around the circle and the back
      • Board agrees to sponsor the Halloween parade:
        • $25 dollars towards candy for the children
  • Date, Time, and Notification
    • October 31
    • 5:00 PM
    • Sign posted two weeks before October 31
    • Alex will post website and e-mail the community
    • Directory update
      • Board discussion on the possibility to go digital with the HOA directory
      • A-Z directory would take our current HOA data and create an online directory of the community
        • Every year, they create an online form and e-mail everyone in the community to see if any information changes (keeping the community listing up to day)
        • This company does directories for 30 schools around the area
        • Cost $4 a home or $2 a home (if we allow advertising in the booklets) per year
  • During the Ice Cream Social, the possibility of going digital was asked to those in attendance; initial responses was positive to the idea
  • Recommendation:
    • Get more details to the pricing options
    • Alex will have more details for next meeting
    • Committee reports
      • Architecture committee
        • Send the architectural letter with the HOA magnets
        • Steve to send out the magnet samples to the HOA Board for review
        • Kathy will mail out committee letter
        • Request:  Update the Architectural Committee form on the website
  • Maintenance committee
    • Lighting on the entrance sign is in process of being fixed; form installation of new a photo electric cell on the sign fixed the problem.
    • Doug will fix the other lights on the sign later in the week
    • Mr. Crisafulli would like take down two trees.  Had a tree expert review the tree status
      • Board discussed whether it is necessary to cut down a healthy tree
      • Recommendation:  request another option to the health of the tree
  • Fence discussion
    • Put it on the agenda for next week
  • Financial updates
    • Approximately $15,000 in the budget
    • Preparing for an audit review
    • One recommendation – have people in the community review the HOA books because it would cost about $3,000 to have a firm perform an actual audit of our current books
    • Remaining old business
    • New business
      • The bench that was removed in Antigone
      • Recommendation:  Should we put up benches up in the community

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               November 13, 2013

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        14617 Pebble Hill Lane (Kathy’s House)

 

About the Author