September 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

September 2013 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Time:               7:30 – 8:30 PM

Location:        14504 Rich Branch Drive (Press Residence )

Attendees:

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Krishnan Allampallam

P

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

A

Kathy Pfaender

P

Don Funkhouser

A

Steve Kwon

P

Vickey Lutwak

A

John McLean

A

Leslie Press

P

Rhoda Shulman

A

Steven Slater

A

Alex Veizis

P

 

Agenda:

 

  • Review and approve minutes from the August meeting
  • Delinquent HOA dues – updates
  • Distribution of the newsletter
  • Proposed list of Covenant changes
  • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
  • Stream restoration
  • Playground updates
  • HOA Computer
  • Ice Cream Social
  • Old/New website and modifications
  • Committee reports
  • Remaining old business
  • New business

 

Meeting Minutes:

  • Review and approve minutes from the August meeting
    • Board approved for August minutes
    • Delinquent HOA dues – updates
      • Lien process initiated
      • Distribution of the newsletter
        • Newsletter was sent out
        • Mailing list is updated to include all board members
        • Proposed list of Covenant changes
          • Doug is working on the list of proposed changes; some potential areas of the covenant changes:
            • Relax the restriction on storage sheds
            • The ability to impose fines on residents in the HOA who violate the covenant
              • Examples of violations:  homes that are not in accordance with the look and appearance requirements of the neighborhood
          • The ability hold the violator liable for legal fees
  • Recommendation:  Get guidance from the attorney to see what the next steps should be to update the covenant
  • Next steps:
    • Doug is going to find out from him the fee schedule
    • After getting a free schedule, determine the best course of action
    • Sidewalks in Pebble Hill
      • Vickey has one bid for approximately $8,700, she is looking to get more bid
      • Stream restoration
        • No new updates for the stream restoration
        • Current estimates: work to begin in 18-24 month and the time to finish may take 12-18 months
        • HOA Computer
          • Alex is going to wait for holiday specials
          • Playground updates
            • Maintenance work has been finished with the playground by Play and Learn
              • Preventative maintenance completed
              • Equipment has been power washed
              • Stain added to the equipment
  • Next steps (to happen next week):
    • Replace the current mulch with playground wood chips
    • Expand the mulch area to include equipment that is outside of the mulch area
    • Increase the depth of the mulch
    • Ice Cream Social
      • Ice cream (3 flavors) and a few toppings
      • Napkins, cups, spoons, and water bottles
      • Approved amount:  $150
      • Old/New website and modifications
        • Old website has been taken down
        • Only new website is available
        • Steve to get estimate for HOA website magnets  and send draft of magnets to the group
        • Committee reports:
        • Architecture Committee:
          • Review request from Pebble Hill end townhouse homeowner regarding removal of the rotted split rail fence from HOA property at homeowner’s expense when the homeowner is replacing the split rail fence on their property
            • Homeowner to tear down and replace the split rail fence on their property and move the gate opening from the back to the side
            • Kathy to check with Vickey to find out the history of the fence on HOA property; if there are no issues, Board approves homeowner’s removal of the fence [follow up note after consultation with Vickey – homeowner notified of HOA approval for homeowner’s removal of the fence on HOA property constructed by a former homeowner.]
  • Leslie was contacted by homeowners about fixing a fence that the homeowner believes is owned by the HOA
  • General discussion by the board about fences and policy
  • Other topic:  Perhaps have a house of the month and post the house on the website to appreciate those people who have been good with their houses
  • Finance/budget
    • Passed around snapshot of HOA finances
    • Late payments:
      • 3 homes still owe money
      • 3 liens have been initiated for the late payments
  • Two groups contacted to audit and review our expenses; currently, our balance and amount is not enough for a company to audit HOA expenses; Alex to continue to find other auditors
  • Maintenance committee
    • Trees:  some unsafe trees have been taken care of.  Doug is continuing to clear out dangerous trees
    • Some individuals have said there is a dangerous tree is threatening our house/yard/people.  Currently, there are trees outside the homeowner yards and they believe it is the HOA is the owner.  Decision:  they are not a threat or sick.
    • Remaining old business
    • New business

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               October 9 (Wednesday)

Time:               7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        11433 Flints Grove Lane (Alex’s House)

 

About the Author