June 2014 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

June 2014 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               June 11, 2014 (Wednesday)

Time:               7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        14504 Rich Branch Drive (Press Residence)

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

P

Steve Kwon

P

John McLean

P

Leslie Press

P

Alex Veizis

A

Carmen de Perignat

P

 

Agenda:

  • Recap of the Stream Clean Up
  • A-Z Directory Planning
  • Financial Status
  • Committee reports
  • Remaining old business
  • New business

 

Meeting Minutes:

  • Board approved May meeting minutes
  • Introduce New Board Member
    • Carmen de Perignat:  cdeperignat@gmail.com
    • Recap of the Stream Clean Up
      • Board members helped with the stream clean up, including the paths around the stream area.  Pictures were posted on the website.
      • Community attendance was low, but the Board had sent notifications to the community about the stream clean up through the website, newsletter, annual meeting, and outdoor sign.
      • Recommendation:  Create a bigger sign for the next event and post the sign earlier.
      • Action:  Steve to get contact information from Alex to have community members participate in the next social event
      • A-Z Directory Planning
        • Board currently does not have all of the community’s contact information.  Alex created a list of community members for the Board to contact to get information.
        • Action: Board to finish list by end of June.
        • Action: Steve to research to understand requirements of developing a list serve.
        • Financial Status
          • Alex e-mailed the latest financial status to the Board.
          • Board reviewed the current spending to date and had no objections
          • Committee reports
            • Maintenance
              • Located the original photo cells and fixed the flood light.  Now both flood lights are working great.  Doug will replace one burned out bulb.
              • Since last meeting, some tree removals were completed.
              • Rich Branch Court tree trimming cost $1,600.
                • Trimmed limbs that were hanging over common area property.  Duty to keep common area clean.  Other side is private property; owners are free to trim property line.
                • Action:  Steve to talk to the owner to follow-up with homeowner to talk about the HOA reasoning.
            • Doug talked to school bus supervisor.  She looked at the area and she will take some time to review the request.
  • Architecture
    • Pebble Hill – signed the contract to improve and beautify the peninsula.  Allen Tuck will review their schedule and will likely start project effort in the Fall.  This would save money on watering.  Total cost of project: $10,000.
    • Kaufman Residence– abandoned home.  Email from the neighbor complaining that the property has not been kept up.  Lawn has not been mowed or cleaned.  John is working to resolve the issue:
    • Action: Doug to do some research to find Kaufman contact information.
  • Social
    • Ice Cream Social:
      • Scheduled for July 20 (Sunday)
      • Signs posted will be posted by July 14
      • Time of event:  3:00-5:00 PM
      • Also update website, consider sending out e-mails
      • Budget: $100
      • Recommend cooler and dry ice
      • Potluck:
        • Tentative date:  October 11 (Saturday)
        • Notifications to be sent out by August 11
        • Time of event:  5:00 PM
        • Location basketball court
        • Board should provide beverages, plates, cutlery, cups
        • Remaining old business
          • No other old business
          • New business
            • Tree cutting

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               July 14, 2014

Time:               7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        Doug’s House

 

 

About the Author