May 2014 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

May 2014 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               May 14, 2014 (Wednesday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        (McLean Residence)

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

A

Rahul Patani

A

Kathy Pfaender

P

Steve Kwon

P

Vickey Lutwak

A

John McLean

P

Leslie Press

P

Alex Veizis

A

 

Agenda:

  • Recap of the 2014 Annual HOA Meeting
  • FY 2014 Board Members
  • Committee reports
  • Coffee, Donuts, and Clean Up Planning
  • Pebble Hill beautification
  • Directory planning
  • Remaining old business
  • New business

 

Meeting Minutes:

  • Recap of the 2014 Annual HOA Meeting
    • Annual Meeting did not have quorum
    • Discussed the next steps – to move forward as planned
    • At the Annual Meeting, the Board received very positive feedback from the attendees and provided compliments to the Board’s effort
    • Lesson Learned:  Make sure we have enough proxies before the meeting; perhaps give more notice
    • The new directory should help with the communication this year
    • General notes from the Annual HOA Meeting will be posted
    • People who attended the meeting received a copy of the budget
    • If anyone wants a copy of the budget, members can contact the board
    • Add e-mail address on the contact homepage for the HOA Website
    • FY 2014 Board Members
      • John to take on Architecture role
      • Motion was made to remove a board member; all were in favor of the motion
      • President:  Leslie
      • Vice President:  John McLean
      • Secretary:  Steve
      • Treasurer:  Alex
      • Committees:
        • Maintenance:  Doug
        • Architecture:  John
        • Social:  Flor
        • Committee reports
          • Architecture
            • New fence request from community member:  Steve
            • Kathy turning over Board duties
  • Maintenance
    • Investigating photo cell for the sign
    • Ellen worried about the tree that damaged her house
      • This tree is gone
      • Allen Tuck – sprayed for weeds
      • Focusing efforts on Pebble Hill beautification—John will talk with Vickey to talk about fixing sidewalks
  • Social
    • Coffee, Donuts, and Clean Up Planning
    • Steve and Alex to get Coffee and Donuts
      • 3 dozen, 2 donut holes
      • 2 boxes of coffee
      • 2 water dispensers
      • Cups
      • Napkins
      • Alex to get tables
      • Setup as close to 9:30 as possible
      • Start at 9:30
      • John to bring gloves
      • Leslie to bring Trash Bags
      • Leslie to make a sign
  • Financials
    • Alex reviewed current expenses and budget
    • Review needing to process collection letters
    • Recommendation: Create a neighborhood auditing panel, not to continue book keeping
    • Pebble Hill beautification
      • Leslie asked John to talk to Allen Tuck for landscaping
      • Allen Tuck showed plans to John
      • For all the island and townhouses area will be approximately $10,000
        • Pay to have the new area watered will be about $2,000
        • This would be a separate bill from the current landscaping cost
  • Vote on the board:  Is this a reasonable amount and should we go forward?
    • All in favor of expense
  • Also, ask them to look at DeHaven because there is damage to the island from snow plows
  • Rich Branch
    • Request to trim back the trees, specifically to trim the side that overhangs the common area
    • Directory planning
      • Got to get moving on the directory
      • We agreed to get it going
      • We need to gather the information from the home owners
      • What do we need:
        • Name
        • Address
        • E-mail address
        • Phone number
        • Kid’s name and ages
  • Recommendation:
    • Take the mailing labels
    • Divide up the addresses
    • Finalize the form
    • Verify if the data is accurate
    • Talk the neighborhood
    • Remaining old business
    • New business
      • Alex to look up people who could potentially fix Pebble Hill sidewalks – using Angie’s List
      • Action:  Give Steve’s e-mail (the fence requester) and contact information to John
      • Action:  Request to get files scanned and uploaded to G: Drive
      • Leslie talked with Rob Bolt, learned that there is a limit as to how long we can hold a lien on a property.  There is a different timeframe from suing a person verses collecting on a lien.  $800 to bring the person to court and $700 to update the lien.
      • Action:  Doug to check out the potential location for kids waiting for the buses – prospect of relocating the bus stop to that area

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               June 11, 2014

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        Kwon House

 

About the Author