June 2015 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

June 2015 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               June 4, 2015 (Thursday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        11604 Flints Grove Lane (Lakshman’s Home)

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

A

Steve Kwon

P

Lakshman Ramamurthy

P

Alex Veizis

P

Carmen de Perignat

P

Charlie Liebetrau

P

Sam Spector

A

 

Agenda:

  • Review board positions
  • Carmen update on trees
  • Next Door response plan
  • Dan Moore response and next steps
  • Project timelines on key initiatives and prioritization
  • Financial status
  • Committee reports
    • Architecture
    • Maintenance
    • Social
    • New Business
      • Letter from the president?

 

Notes

  • Review board positions
    • Vice President: Alex
    • Architecture committee: Charlie
    • Treasurer: Sam
    • Recommendation:  Charlie to establish a Google group to maintain communication with Board Members
    • Carmen’s update on tree planting effort
      • Steve Slater wanted a tree planting effort during the annual meeting
      • Carmen contacted and left a message with Steve Slater
      • Carmen talked with Bartlett Trees and got a referral and found that we could get trees planted for $200 each
      • Project timelines on key initiatives and prioritization
        • Priorities were reviewed by the group, this is the finalized list:
  1. Flints grove sign and landscaping around the neighborhood
  2. Pebble Hill
  3. HOA By Law
  4. Residence issue
  5. Install Benches
  • Next Door response plan
    • Board discussed that a key communication person should be appointed to address issues related to Flintsgrove on NextDoor
    • Alex will be the point for handling NextDoor Responses.
    • Recommended protocol:  address the complaint on NextDoor by informing the issues and forwarding the matter to the board
    • Resident Property Condition: Response and Next Steps
      • Would like the Board to explore other options to encourage Home Owner to improve the condition of his property
      • Recommendation to send another letter to quote the by-law and to notify the owner that the board is considering legal action
      • Financial status
        • Reviewed financial status
        • Approved the mosquito spraying of the playground
        • Approved the carpenter bees treatment
        • Committee reports
          • Architecture
            • One approval from the previous meeting
            • Recommendation to keep a copy of the approval on the Google Drive
  • Maintenance
    • Asphalt: reviewed the bids
      • Action: Doug to see if he can improve bids
      • Action: Carmen to draft a letter to the residence about the upcoming asphalt improvement effort
        • What is going to happen – include Asphalt and Sidewalk work
        • Let them know that we are still collecting bids
        • Will give more information
        • Provide point of contact
        • Rich Branch drive may need asphalt improvement
        • Action:  To draft another letter to another resident about his compliance issue regarding his property
  • Social
    • Ice Cream Social – Mid July on a Sunday
    • New Business
      • Action:  Lakshman to write a letter from the president

 

Meeting Minutes:

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               July 9, 2015 (Thursday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        Lakshman’s Home

About the Author