May 2015 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

May 2015 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               May 7, 2015 (Thursday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        11433 Flints Grove Lane (Alex’s House)

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

A

Steve Kwon

P

Lakshman Ramamurthy

P

Leslie Press

P

Alex Veizis

P

Carmen de Perignat

P

Charlie Liebetrau

A

Sam Spector

P

 

Agenda:

 

  • Opening Remarks
  • New Board
  • Financial Review
  • Budget Review
  • Committee
    • Maintenance:
    • Social
    • Architecture committee
    • New Business

 

Notes

 

  • Opening Remarks
    • Leslie is leaving the Board after two years of service; she gave thanks to the Board for its service to the community; Leslie will continue to be available for any volunteering effort
    • Leslie will also take the lead to get a price to have the doggie bags installed.  Doggie bag sign has the Flints Grove HOA email as the point of contact to have the bags refilled
    • Leslie turned over the HOA record boxes to the new board; the HOA signs are available in her garage

 

 

 

  • Annual meeting
    • Board reviewed the discussion that was raised during the annual meeting:
      • Questions about the home conditions in the neighborhood (two homes)
      • There was also complaint about home construction occurring early in the morning
      • Issues of someone opening unlocked cars
  • Board recommendation:  Setup an appointment with the HOA attorney to determine any recommendations for recourse

 

  • New Board
    • President:  Lakshman
    • Vice President:  TBD
    • Secretary:  Steve
    • Treasurer:  TBD
    • Committee
      • Architecture:  Carmen
      • Maintenance:  Doug
      • Social:  Flor
  • Action: Charlie, Alex, and Sam to determine who will take the remaining positions – VP and Treasurer

 

  • Financial Review
    • Board reviewed expenses – no issues

 

  • Budget Review
    • Board reviewed the budget – no issues

 

  • Committee Reports:

 

  • Maintenance:
    • Condition of the parking at Pebble Hill; topic was raised that the Board should consider parking resurfacing because of the surface condition
    • Doug has started the bidding process to gather estimated costs
    • Parking seems to be an issue with respect to the number of available parking spaces and resident cars
    • The sidewalk condition of Pebble Hill should also be reviewed
    • Nothing that needs immediate attention for the walking path
    • The condition of the Bridge should be reviewed to make sure there are not erosion issues – this could be a potential committee project

 

  • Social
    • Recommend getting more people to help Flor
    • Aim for July Ice Cream Social
      • Need to decide dates
      • Need to get signs and notice to community

 

  • Architecture committee
    • Carmen will look at the By Law
    • Carmen talk to John to get turn over
    • New Business – Possible Improvement projects for the Board
      • Improve the Flints Grove sign at the entrance
      • Improve Pebble Hill asphalt and sidewalk
      • Work to resolve 2 residence issues – One Abandon House and One Rental Property issue
      • Work to resolve Pebble Hill parking issues
      • Establish a community fountain
      • Submit a Tree Grant (Steve Slater)
      • Install Doggie Bag for the community (Leslie is leading this effort)
      • Install bench’s around neighborhood
      • Directory work
      • Hold more Social Events
      • Update our HOA By-Laws (Large Task)
      • Establish a new bus stop to improve children safety
      • Establish a fence policy
      • Improve landscaping in the community (adding more colorful flowers/perennials/annuals)

 

  • Action:  Steve to create a Spreadsheet for the Board to prioritize the proposed projects

 

Meeting Minutes:

 

Agenda for Next Meeting:

 

Date:               June 4, 2015 (Thursday)

Time:              7:30-8:30 PM

Location:        Lakshman’s Home

About the Author