September 2015 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

September 2015 FGHOA Meeting Minutes

Date:               September 16, 2015 (Wednesday)

Time:              7:00-9:00 PM

Location:        DuFief Elementary School

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Douglas Clark

P

Flor Clark

A

Steve Kwon

A

Lakshman Ramamurthy

P

Alex Veizis

P

Carmen de Perignat

P

Charlie Liebetrau

P

Sam Kolb

P

 

Agenda:

  1. Next Door Responses – Any Community Concerns to Discuss?
  2. Pebble Hill Asphalt Repaving Status
  3. Financial Status
  4. Committee updates
  • Committee Reports
  • Architecture
    • Maintenance
  1. Social
  2. New Business

 

Meeting Notes:

  1. Next Door Responses – Any Community Concerns to Discuss? – None
  2. Pebble Hill Asphalt Repaving Status
  • The project is complete and the board was pleased with the finished product
  • Carmen to reach out to the county to see if we can encourage them to move up the repaving of Pebble Hill Lane to match the new work.
  1. Issues to discuss with Ron Bolt
  • Bylaw/HOA documentation updates
  • Acceptable actions to deal with 3 unresponsive Homeowners
  • Liability of the future pond
  • Fence ownership/responsibility
  1. Fall Project – Common Areas improvement
  • Addresses main entrance and circle at the end of Rich Branch Dr
  • Work will start at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct
  • Does not address maintenance of sign
    • Carmen and Doug to research quality of existing sign
    • They will also reach out to others to determine next steps
  1. All documents collected or created for the board should be stored in the Google Drive
  • Includes invoices, draft letters, minutes, etc.
  • Charlie to provide access to drive to all board members
  1. Fountain project
  • Doug will continue research into the feasibility of installing a fountain in the future pond
    • County may be willing to install, if the board purchases
    • Will bring up the topic during stream walkthrough on the 29th
  1. Doggie pick-up bag boxes installed
  2. Community communications
  • Lakshman suggested sending a survey to determine neighborhood priorities and reaction to completed projects
  • Newsletters to be discussed at the Oct meeting
  1. Financial Status
  • FY15 under budget to this point
    • Saved money on bookkeeping, directory costs, legal fees and tax return filing.
    • May still incur costs related to repairs or tree service
  • Expected year-end balance to be around $205K
  1. Future Projects
  • Community Benches will be tabled until the stream restoration is complete
  • Halloween social gathering to be planned at Oct. meeting
  • Bus Stop put on hold
  • Steve – Tree Grant?
  • Basketball Court repair
  • Sidewalks
  • Potential help from Eagle Scouts
  • Fire hydrant painting/flags
  • Common mailbox cleanup
  • Emergency Preparedness booklets
  • October neighborhood walkthrough for board
  1. Next Meeting
  • October 13th, 7:00 – 9:00
  • Subject to change based on Ron Bolt’s availability

 

 

To Do:

Carmen – Contact county concerning repaving Pebble Hill Lane

– Research sign repair

Doug – Research sign repair

– Continue to research possibility of fountain installation

Charlie – Provide board with access to Google Drive account

Lakshman – Determine the layout/content for the potential survey to community

About the Author