FGHOA – Meeting Minutes – December 2016

Date:               December 13, 2016 (Tuesday)

Time:              7:00-9:00 PM

Location:        Dufief Elementary

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Alex Veizis

P

Ami Corey

P

Bob Canter

P

Carmen de Perignat

P

Charlie Liebetrau

P

Douglas Clark

A

Steve Kwon

P

 

Agenda:

  1. Review tasks / action items from last meeting / APPROVE MEETING MINUTES!
  2. Schedule meetings through April 2017
  3. Paint color plans
  4. Holiday activities
    • Lights Contest
    • Caroling
  5. Entrance sign damage (update)
  6. Flints Ridge sign repair (updates)
  7. Cell Tower update/board position discussion (updates)
  8. Bamboo (updates)
  9. Bridge (updates)
  10. Financial review
  11. Committee reports
    • Maintenance
    • Governing document
    • Communication
    • Social Committee
    • Architecture and Environmental Committee (AECC) (kept at the end to allow non-board attendees to step out)
  12. New business

Meeting Minutes:

  1. Review tasks / action items from last meeting
    • Alex will review November minutes and send to board for approval
  2. Action items from last meeting
    • New Action: Review additional review about openness, closeness, and notifications required for meetings
  3. Schedule meetings through April 2017
    • Dates:
      • January 10
      • February 7
      • March 14
      • April 18
      • April 25 (Annual Meeting)
    • Action: Alex and Bob to look at quotes for the Rec Center and Dufief for the planned meetings
    • Action: Steve to start Annual Meeting Presentation in January
  4. Paint color plans
    • Per the Coreys request for paint colors, the Board motions and agrees to reimburse the Coreys for the cost of paint purchased and work to repaint areas that were painted
      • Board members approve: Bob, Charlie, Steve, Alex, and Carmen
      • Note: Doug was not present to vote; Ami abstained from voting
    • Maureen and Carmen are reaching out to color professionals to review the current community color pallet
  5. Holiday activities
    • Lights Contest
      • Ami looked at some gift baskets
      • December 17th to judge around 7:30 PM
      • Plan to give gifts on night of contest
    • Caroling
      • People are interesting to go Caroling
      • Planning to go caroling on December 18th
  6. Entrance sign damage (update)
    • Alex sent out request for quotes to update all three community sign.
  7. Flints Ridge sign repair (updates)
    • Alex sent out request for quotes to update all three community sign.
  8. Cell Tower update/board position discussion (updates)
    • Board is not against or for cell tower coverage; Board wants to be able to provide input / decision as to the look and feel of the cell tower (as discussed from last meeting)
    • Bob updated the group that there are more community members attending the cell tower meeting that is also happening tonight
  9. Bamboo (updates)
    • Bob received bids and provided best bid for approval and contract to be signed by Charlie (President); no work will start until Spring
  10. Bridge (updates)
    • Bob again contacted the County; continuing to wait for response
  11. Financial review
    • Alex presented the HOA Due notice
      • Requested to add the Annual Meeting date to the bill
    • Alex reviewed our current financial profile
  12. Committee reports
    • Maintenance
      • Nothing to report
    • Governing documents
      • Document has been transferred to a readable document file; continuing to review to make sure content is accurately transferred
    • Communication
      • Next newsletter aimed for January; Ami to draft content
        • Governing document update
        • Cell tower updates
        • Social (Halloween and Christmas)
        • Save the Date for the Annual Meeting
        • Schedule of meeting
        • Stream updates (if available)
        • Happy New Year
    • Social Committee
      • As discussed: Caroling and Christmas Lights judging
      • Action: Charlie to reach out to Flor for any Spring Social ideas
    • Architecture and Environmental Committee (AECC) (kept at the end to allow non-board attendees to step out)
      • Carmen present the current AECC requests and status
  13. New business
    • Charlie is continuing to coordinate with homeowner and property manager related to complaints concerning the amount of too many trucks

Next meeting:

 

Date:               January 10, 2017 (Tuesday)

Time:              7:00-9:00 PM

Location:        Dufief Elementary

About the Author