FGHOA – Meeting Minutes – February 2017

Date:               February 7, 2017 (Tuesday)

Time:              7:00-9:00 PM

Location:        Dufief Elementary

 

Attendees:

 

Name

Present (P)

Absent (A)

Teleconference (T)

Alex Veizis

P

Ami Corey

A

Bob Canter

P

Carmen de Perignat

P

Charlie Liebetrau

P

Douglas Clark

P

Steve Kwon

P

Maureen Austen

P

Lee Canter

P

 

 

Agenda:

  1. Approve meeting minutes
  2. Review tasks / action items from last meeting
  3. Paint color plans
    • Samples of existing palette
    • Potential new options?
  4. Community signs bids (updates)
  5. Cell Tower – Latest updates
  6. Annual Meeting planning
    • Procedure/legal presence
    • Communication
    • Presentation
    • Equipment/refreshments
  7. Financial review
    • Dues update
  8. Committee reports
    • Maintenance
    • Governing documents
      • Update on initial session
    • Communication
    • Social Committee – potential Spring event?
    • Architecture and Environmental Committee (AECC)
  9. New business

Meeting Minutes:

  1. Approve meeting minutes
    • Carmen made a reminder to include the committee members and attendees on the meeting minute reviews before distribution
    • Charlie motion to have December meeting minutes approved; all approve the motion
    • Charlie recommends for Alex to resend the January meeting minutes to include Lee Canter, Maureen, Julie, and Datta for review and approval.
  2. Review tasks / action items from last meeting
    • Steve reviewed the outstanding tasks
  3. Paint color plans
    • Samples of existing palette
    • Potential new options
    • AECC met with Liz Stone, with McCormick, and she drove the neighborhood with Maureen and Carmen. Liz knows the original builders and she is looking to get more background related to the color palette and the rationale for designs. If you look the original color scheme, there is some confusion as to what the original SWISS COFFEE was the original actual color. Try to understand the original thinking behind the original design. Liz would like to provide the board the original intent colors. She also noticed that the original colors are also fading due to the age of the community. Liz observed the different ranges of colors within the community.
    • The general plan, Liz to try to get the original intent and colors for the community; then Liz will create color palette with different ranges; then the Board will review.
    • Charlie discussed the ideal plan (if we can get color palettes in time):
      • Liz provides concepts of colors around February 25th (at least a sample of colors) – before the March meeting
      • March 14th HOA Meeting, Liz comes to further discuss the colors
        • Ask Liz how we distribute the colors
        • Could have color online, samples available at the store, at some homes, and people request order the palette
        • Decide on the color options
      • March 17th HOA Newsletter Distributed with the following content (or as soon as possible)
        • Discuss HOA plans to review and update the color palette
        • Mention the April 18th HOA meeting to discuss the color (comment period)
        • Have a vote on the colors for the April 25th Annual meeting
  4. Community signs bids (updates)
    • Alex to get more bids, currently has some information
  5. Cell Tower – Latest updates
    • Bob provided the latest status. The County has joined forces with the National Association of Counties and they will go to the FCC to discuss our situation and the general deployment of these cell towers nationwide. The citizens committee is looking at this as a positive direction. They have extended the comment period to March 7th, Alex provided the information to the community.
  6. Annual Meeting planning
    • Procedure/legal presence
      • Ron Bolt was present last year; discussion to have a legal resource to answer questions.
      • Board recommends to have Ron attend the meeting
    • Communication
      • What is going to be talked about at the Annual Meeting
      • Newsletter should include Annual Meeting topics:
        • Paint color
        • By Law work
        • Major projects
      • Also make sure we have the proxy votes for the meeting and the correct procedure
      • May need to have a proxy committee
      • Need to review the proxy format (e.g., Directed Proxy)
      • Process:
        • Need a committee nomination chairperson
          • Action Charlie has the task to coordinate the nominating committee
        • Proxy format
        • Information included in the March Newsletter
    • Presentation
      • Action: Steve to continue to update and assign slides to the team
    • Equipment/refreshments
      • Alex to provide projector
      • Steve to provide computer
      • Doug to provide
        • Snack bags of chip
        • Pretzels
        • Tray of cookies
        • Small bottles of water
        • 2 – $25 Visa Gift Cards
  7. Financial review
    • Outstanding dues; Alex provide late e-mail and notification
    • Reviewed expenses
  8. Committee reports
    • Maintenance
      • No maintenance right now
      • Doug to talk to Comcast about moving the boxes straightened
    • Governing documents
      • Kick-off meeting held February 1; Lee led the meeting
      • Two complaints were mentioned during the meeting
        • Commercial vehicle complaint
        • Metal fence on Antigone
      • Lee will plan another meeting
    • Communication
      • March Newsletter
    • Social Committee – potential Spring event?
      • No updates
    • Architecture and Environmental Committee (AECC)
      • There is another fence request
  9. New business

Next meeting:

 

Date:               March 21, 2017 (Tuesday)

Time:              7:00-9:00 PM

Location:        Dufief Elementary

About the Author